Captains Log: "Well that escalated quickly."




  Myself and my oldest love the show "Property Brothers"  on HGTV. 

We watch it nearly every day.
Buckaroo #1 loves it for the demolition.
I love it for obvious reasons.

This show has a profound impact on E.
It inspires him.
During the climax of the episode when they reveal the newly transformed home to the nervous buyers and they're all like

 photo tumblr_inline_mpmif9S4dK1qz4rgp_zps63249e78.gif


It moves him emotionally.
He turned to me with so much hope and pride in his big golden brown eyes
and told me about his future.

"Mommy, when I get older I'm gonna work very hard and build me a house like them. And it'll be made out of actual bricks, not Legos. Because a real house made out of Legos would be tacky."

I respond:
"Well that's awesome, babe. You just need to work hard and make good choices and you can do anything!"

(Just to clue myself in on how vital I am in my 4 year olds future I ask:)
"So, when you get your big beautiful house like that, where is Mommy going to stay?"

E:
"Oh you? You can live under the bridge in the garden." 
M:
"A BRIDGE!? REALLY!?"
E:
"Hey, hey, hey. It'll be a nice bridge. I'll have a guy come spray for trolls and snails so you wont have any problems."
M:
"I don't have a problem with the trolls. But why do--"
(interrupting mid sentence)
E:
"Well then it looks like you'll have nothing to complain about. Makes things easier for me."



Guess who's going to start investing more into their retirement now...


(in case anyone is wondering what that conversation felt like)

 photo tumblr_n2ya1p8jPr1t0cscho1_250_zpseabd2045.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment